The Maori Rafter Pattern Bookmark is made in Rotorua from eco-friendly bamboo. It features an intricate pattern inspired by the rafters of Māori meeting houses.
Practical as well as beautifully designed, it is ideal for keeping your place in your latest read without damaging pages.
- Bamboo bookmark with faux leather tie
- Red and black Māori Rafter pattern on one side
- Made from eco-friendly and renewable bamboo
- Measures approximately 14cm long x 3cm wide
- Designed and made in Rotorua by a small, passionate team
- Made in New Zealand
The Maori Rafter Pattern Bookmark also makes a thoughtful and easy to post gift for the book lover in your life.
Mike Carlton of Aeon Giftware is of Ngati Whakaue and has affiliations to the Hinemoa Point Marae in Rotorua. Inspired by their Māori heritage, the team at Aeon Giftware are passionate about creating works of art which portray the beauty of Māori carving and design. From their workshop in Rotorua they produce high quality artworks using a combination of traditional and modern woodworking techniques.
This item is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum and Cable Car Museum.