The Kupe Tugboat Kitset Model comes flat-packed with instructions for simple assembly.
Designed and made in Wellington by Abstract Design, the laser cut MDF pieces slot together easily. They can be permanently joined with a small spot of PVA glue.
The Kupe tugboat spent nearly 40 years towing 28,000 vessels in and out of Wellington’s harbour before it was sold to Port Taranaki in 2009. The ocean-going tug coped with the worst of Wellington’s weather and even towed oil rigs across the Cook Strait.
- Kitset model of the iconic red tugboat Kupe
- Flat-packed A5 sheet of laser cut MDF
- Easy to assemble using instructions provided
- Ideal gift for postage and sending overseas
- Measures approximately 11cm x 7cm x 4cm when assembled
- Pieces can be permanently joined using PVA glue
- Designed and made by Wellington company Abstract Design
- Larger version available
Because of its compact size, this model is ideal for postage and sending overseas. Its bold colour also makes it a great display piece for your home.
Designed and made right here in Wellington, Abstract Design’s laser cut products are inspired by all things Aotearoa. The pieces are made from MDF and easy to assemble.
This product is also available to purchase in store at Wellington Museum.