Inspired by the greens of rivers and forests, Wellington potter Galit Maxwell has created this exquisite Nature mug by hand.
The perfect shape for those who like to snuggle with a cup of tea or coffee in their hands, these generously sized cups also make a stunning gift.
Featuring a glossy clear glaze on the inside and a matt green glaze on the outside, these mugs are food-safe and dishwasher safe.
- Single mug
- Handmade in Wellington
- Each mug measures approximately 8.5cm high x 9.5cm wide
- Glazed inside with clear food-safe glaze
- Dishwasher safe
- Each item is individually handcrafted and therefore can vary slightly in shape and shade of colour
- Speckled pottery is not recommended to be microwaved due to the content of iron particles
- Do not expose items to thermal shock caused by sudden change of temperature
Wellington based potter Galit Maxwell says clay has been a part of her life on and off for the past 20 years, but it has recently become her main creative passion. Using New Zealand stoneware clay, Galit mixes her own glazes from raw materials and enjoys the peaceful and meditative process of creating her products. She also teaches group classes and offers private lessons from her Wellington studio.
The Galit Maxwell Nature Mug is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.