The Highwater Pyramid Mug by Galit Maxwell is made from speckled clay with a matte grey glaze on the outside. This lovely piece was created by hand in Wellington.
This mug’s unique shape is designed to preserve heat for longer, so you can enjoy your cuppa without rushing. These generously sized cups also make a stunning gift.
- Single mug
- Handmade in Wellington
- Each mug measures approximately 10cm high x 8cm wide
- Speckled clay with a clear glaze on the inside and a matte grey stone-like glaze on the outside
- Glazed inside with clear food-safe glaze
- Dishwasher safe
- Each item is individually handcrafted and therefore can vary slightly in shape and shade of colour
- Speckled pottery is not recommended to be microwaved due to the content of iron particles
- Do not expose items to thermal shock caused by sudden change of temperature
Wellington based potter Galit Maxwell says clay has been a part of her life on and off for the past 20 years, but it has recently become her main creative passion. Using New Zealand stoneware clay, Galit mixes her own glazes from raw materials and enjoys the peaceful and meditative process of creating her products. She also teaches group classes and offers private lessons from her Wellington studio.
The Galit Maxwell Highwater Pyramid Mug is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.