Offering a rustic look, the Highwater Mug is handcrafted by Wellington potter Galit Maxwell.
Ideal for your morning coffee, this handmade mug also makes a lovely gift. It features a glossy clear glaze on the inside and a matte grey glaze on the outside. The Highwater Mug is food-safe and dishwasher safe.
- Single mug
- Handmade in Wellington
- Each mug measures approximately 7cm high x 9cm wide
- Glossy, clear, food-safe glaze on the inside and a matte grey glaze on the outside
- Dishwasher safe
- Each item is individually handcrafted and therefore can vary slightly in shape and shade of colour
- Speckled pottery is not recommended to be microwaved due to the content of iron particles
- Do not expose items to thermal shock caused by sudden change of temperature
Wellington based potter Galit Maxwell says clay has been a part of her life on and off for the past 20 years, but it has recently become her main creative passion. Using New Zealand stoneware clay, Galit mixes her own glazes from raw materials and enjoys the peaceful and meditative process of creating her products. She also teaches group classes and offers private lessons from her Wellington studio.
The Galit Maxwell Highwater Mug is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.