This hand-painted model depicts the Timaru Lighthouse, also often named Blackett’s Lighthouse.
Designed by John Blackett, the lighthouse is one of fourteen designed by him in New Zealand.
It was first built in 1876 and was located on Le Cren’s Terrace in Timaru. It has been moved twice and is now located in Timaru’s Caroline Bay.
- Handpainted model of the Timaru Lighthouse
- Please note: This product is not suitable for fish tanks as it is hand-painted and the paint will come off in the water
This model is a perfect gift for a lighthouse fanatic, nautical enthusiast or hobbyist!
This product is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.