This Handcrafted Rimu Letter Opener with Paua Detail by MZ Design is designed and handcrafted in Hokitika. Minimalist design and a flash of paua detail highlights the natural wood grain and colourings of native NZ rimu. This Handcrafted Rimu Letter Opener with Paua Detail compliments MZ Design‘s wider range of native timber utensils and woodware.
- Responsibly sourced from recycled waste, ancient buried logs or sustainably managed timber
- Handcrafted by a small team of passionate woodworkers
- Distinctive rimu grain and colour
- Letter opener measures 27cm in length
- Packaged in recyclable cardboard, ready to give as a gift
After moving to Hokitika in 1971, Mark Zuckerman began building his own home complete with handmade doors, window-frames and cabinetry. This was the beginning of his desire to immerse himself in woodwork and MZ Design was created. From his home on the West Coast, Mark finds inspiration in the peacefulness of our natural environment. His respect and appreciation of our natural environment is reflected in his stylishly minimalist designs which let the materials speak for themselves.
We have a range of handcrafted native timber homewares from MZ Design, perfect for sentimental gifts and beautiful table settings.
This product is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.