These gorgeous Fantail Earrings are made from New Zealand rimu. Painted by hand, this unique set was designed and made right here in Wellington.
Suitable for sensitive ears, the nickel free posts are made from surgical steel.
The warm tones of the timber contrast beautifully with the bright white detailing. These earrings add a lovely final touch to any outfit, and also make a fabulous gift.
Known for their ‘cheet cheet’ calls and energetic flying antics, the aptly named fantail or pīwakawaka is one of the most common and widely distributed native birds in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- Hand-painted rimu earrings
- Each earring measures approximately 1.2cm x 2cm
- Posts made from surgical steel
- Nickel free and good for sensitive ears
- Sealed with beeswax for protection
- Not designed to be worn swimming or in the shower
- Comes presented on backing card
- Matching necklace and brooch available
- Designed and made in Wellington, New Zealand
Natty is a Wellington based design studio creating beautiful mementos that celebrate Aotearoa. With an aim to evoke and honour our natural environment rather than impact on it, Natty are always trying to increase their use of eco-friendly materials, package as lightly as possible and use local suppliers as often as they can. All printing and packaging is done in New Zealand, mostly here in Wellington.
The Natty Fantail Earrings are also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.