This handmade porcelain bowl features a pretty pīwakawaka (fantail) design by New Zealand artist Jo Luping.
Ideal for displaying jewellery and other little trinkets, this piece is also certified food safe and perfect for dips and sauces.
- Handmade from white porcelain
- Semi-gloss clear glaze inside and unglazed outside
- Measures approximately 7cm in diameter and 2cm deep
- Comes boxed
- Certified food safe, dishwasher and microwave safe
- These pieces feature irregularities in both shape and form; this is part of the organic nature of the collection.
Jo Luping studied printmaking and photography at the Otago Fine Art School, then filmmaking and design at Wellington’s Victoria University. She established her studio in 1996 and became renowned for her ceramics which capture New Zealand’s coastal landforms and indigenous flora and fauna. She works in a variety of mediums including jewellery, ceramics, glass, printmaking, textiles, photography and film. She lives in Wellington, New Zealand with her husband Aaron and daughter Isabella.
The Jo Luping Fantail Handmade Porcelain Bowl is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.