Earthend’s signature Eastbourne Bush Honey is sourced from the coastal Kiwi township’s hills and residents’ gardens. A true free-range honey, this spectacular limited release is not to be missed.
Delicately processed by hand, this is traditional ‘backyard’ honey has an exquisite caramel and toffee taste. It pairs beautifully with goats cheese, camembert and sourdough, or can be simply eaten on its own for taste or medicinal benefits.
Earthend’s apiaries are delicately nurtured against the wild Wellington elements to present this honey, that on average possess up to 300 different botanicals making it the ultimate aid for general health and wellbeing. Strong attention and time is dedicated to course filtering and ageing for full crystallisation, allowing the synergy of all essential pollen, propolis and nectars.
- Origin: Eastbourne, Wellington
- Apiary Site(s): 2
- Hive No.: 7
- Batch: 1231/1500 remaining
- Beekeeper(s): Shamus & John
- Year: 2018 Spring / Summer
- Aged: 15 months (12 tank aged , 3 glass jar)
- Flora: Multi-Flora including resident gardens as well as predominant native botanicals, in particular Kāmahi, Mānuka, Kānuka, Pōhutukawa, Black Beech and Rewa Rewa.
- Colour: Gold, Amber Orange, Tan
- Taste: Burnt butter, Toffee/caramel – exceptional
- Storage: Dark, 10°c
- Health: Anti-bacterial, Allergy relief, Immunity
- Pair: Goats cheese, camembert + sourdough or nut/seed crackers or consume solely for medicinal benefit
Earthend creates delicious free range honey procured from hives in Eastbourne, Petone, Wadestown and Kaiteriteri. Run by a whānau with a passion for bees, the importance of pollinators to our existence is at the heart of Earthend.
This product is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.