The Treaty of Waitangi – Te Tiriti o Waitangi by Toby Morris, Ross Calman and Mark Derby tells the story of the Treaty of Waitangi in an educational and engaging full-colour graphic novel.
This story was originally published in English by the Ministry of Education for schools to use. It would later be translated into te reo Māori by registered translator Piripi Walker, and the graphic novel is now published with both editions included. Explore the events that occurred before, during and after the signing of the Treaty, and the impact the Treaty of Waitangi has had on New Zealand history.
- Written by Toby Morris, Ross Calman and Mark Derby
- Educational, engaging and image-rich
- Written in both te reo Māori and English
- 32 pages (16 pages in each language)
- Includes a link and QR code to both treaties in other languages
- Paperback book
- First published in 2019
- Measures approximately 28cm x 26.5cm x 0.5 cm
- ISBN: 9780473470
An educational graphic novel that tackles a controversial topic, The Treaty of Waitangi – Te Tiriti o Waitangi is an important resource for both children and adults.
This product is also available for purchase in store at Wellington Museum.